TV documentary - any scientists inspired by sci-fi?

Guest tigertim

Guest tigertim

Hi – I work for Tiger Aspect Productions, a major UK based TV Production Company. I’m currently developing a new series which examines the personal impact that sci-fi has had on inspired fans. We will aim to examine the science, design and whole philosophy behind 6 shows or movies, as a background to how these have changed the lives of individuals. If you, or somebody you know or have heard of, were inspired to become a scientist because of a particular show or invent a piece of technology inspired by something seen in any movie or show, from Stargate, Thunderbirds and Dr Who right through to James Bond or the Matrix Trilogy, then I’d love to hear from you. You can email me at timsnell@tigeraspect.co.uk or call 020 7434 6830, and feel free to pass the word along anywhere you like!

well there sure are a lot of scientists or science enthusiasts here!

i think that normally its more than just a movie which makes you decide what you want to be when you are older.

it might start out as it'd be cool to be invisible kinda thing - but at the end of the day you need to be good at in and enjoy it to take science through university and beyond.

5614, I think he already KNOWS THAT! hence his search :)

here`s some Honest Answers...

Star Wars was a major player in my interest in Robotics/Electronics/Neural Cybernetics and then Computer Architecture as a whole.

Dr.Who used to scare the me quite a bit as a child, but I was intrigued by the gadgets :)

the Chem fascination for me came from quite a few films as a child as well as being encouraged by my Mother in the feild of Discovery in Science from before I can rem :)