post count down!?

Don`t Panic! :)

Site maintenance scripts on the db which includes a rebuild of post counts has been run as a mattr of course.

It usually drops everyone's count a bit because it ignores soft-deleted posts. This time of course it also ignored GD and the removed thread area, hence the big knock-down.

it`s nothing to worry about, and all will be fixed in due time, mean time, feel free to enjoy the free bar and snacks available :)

We recalculated the post counts from scratch excluding removed and deleted posts. Posts made in general discussion were not counted either. No posts have disappeared. They're in general discussion, which doesn't count towards post counts.

So that's what it was. bud noticed it first, probably, and I was quite surprised too.

"can ya see the place over in the corner where all the babes are at? I`m in the middle, THAT`s the bar :)"

Now now YT, drinking in moderation is OK but when you start seeing your wife as multiple persons, it's time to call the cab. ;)

ok so i worded it badly!

but what does SFN and you admins gain outta running the post count sync script.... even if it does maintain the post number.

i mean i dont mind and im not saying dont just as a person interested in computers i wonder from an admins view what is the advantage of running a sync process such as this?

i mean, its not like that larger numbers take up more space on the server or something!

"can ya see the place over in the corner where all the babes are at? I`m in the middle' date=' THAT`s the bar :)"

Now now YT, drinking in moderation is OK but when you start seeing your wife as multiple persons, it's time to call the cab. ;)[/quote']

I DO!!!!! and she still won`t let me drink alone :(((

*Hic*

but what does SFN and you admins gain outta running the post count sync script.... even if it does maintain the post number.

A database without problems, and a more realistic idea of member participation in scientific discussions for guests and new members.

i mean, its not like that larger numbers take up more space on the server or something!

Actually they do, but that's not really relevant.