using spent nuclear rods to procuce electricity

HEW1959

There must be Many Thousands of Spent Highly Radioactive Nuclear fuel rods Buried or stored Somewhere .

What if they could be used to produce Literally Free Electricity.

They I Believe remain radioactive for many many years,so if this energy could be used instead of thrown away that can only be a good thing.

The Point

REVERSE VALVE TECHNOLOGY

Valves are virtually Obsolete now but the technology was sound.

Valves by nature give off Radiation as a matter of course,

If a radioactive source was emmited towards a valve would it not force the valve to produce electricity.

Obviously i am not talking about the standard household valve so constantly found in old radios and Televisions.

But with basic old valve technology and with newer Materials to produce Anodes and Cathodes could not a valve be built

whith literally a core consisting of a spent fuel rod Gated as to control the radioactive Output Producing a controlled

output Obviously we are talking about a valve Many times bigger than a standard valve Basically a new type but in genral

is it Possible .

"Valves by nature give off Radiation as a matter of course,"

Not really.

Some, particularly when run at very high voltages, give off X rays and some have traces of radioactive materials in them- for example uranium glass.

But on the whole, valves don't give off radiation any more than you and I do.

Many conversions are not reversible. Direct Sunlight on a light bulb, get nothing at the terminals, as one example.

The heat produced by radioactive waste is used at one place in China. Negligible amount of energy as compared to the reactors that produced the waste, significant added risk.