Please help identify what i found in my bathroom/toilet

bigthumb

post-98224-0-71741200-1373045943_thumb.jpg

Know-a-lots on this forum,

while i was sitting on my toilet i saw in front of me a tiny long piece of dirt i thought. Suddenly a long tongue/tentacle came out of both ends(never at the same time, left, right, left, etc.) feeling its surroundings looking for food? I can't find anything on the internet about it. I live in North-Holland and i have a bathroom with a toilet. Almost no ventilation. I just returned from Ukrain maybe its from there. I realy want to know what it was.

Thanks a lot in advance!

.... Suddenly a long tongue/tentacle came out of both ends(never at the same time, left, right, left, etc.) feeling its surroundings looking for food? I can't find anything on the internet about it. I live in North-Holland and i have a bathroom with a toilet. Almost no ventilation. I just returned from Ukrain maybe its from there. I realy want to know what it was.

Thanks a lot in advance!

...that's not a tongue, but the front of a whole larva. It's funny how they can turn around, within their cocoon/house, and crawl in either direction.

cbmoth.jpg
"Case Bearing Moth Larva"
Common Stored Product Pests
...but, "So named because the larvae carry their pupal cases about as they feed and travel, case-bearing moths are much less likely to be found in your home than the Common Clothes moth."
So....
casemaking_clothes_moth_canada.jpg?db61e
Clothes Moth Caterpillar Archives
They seem to build their cases out of lint and other common dusts (TP dust) and detritus (along with their own silk), probably adapting to live inside houses, imho. ...a little over a quarter inch long; right, 8mm! wink.png
~
Edited by Essay

Thanks Essay! You are spot on with your second picture. A Casemaking Clothes Moth Larva. The narrowing in the middle was a product of my imagination. Now i can feel safe in my own home again and i don't have to clean my bathroom/toilet more oftenwink.png