Campbell-"Biology"

tormentor

In the beginning i would like to thanks each person for the time spent in my topic . My question is have you read this book ? do you think that this book is good for someone who wants to become a doctor and hence pass well the school living exams .i was looking for similar topic but my research stood for nothing .

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have read Campbell-Reece Biology. Yes, it is ideal for pinning down the fundamentals of Biology, which will be beneficial if you wish to become a medical doctor. However, you should of course also read more medically-relevant textbooks. For example, the Director of Studies in Medicine at King's College Cambridge recommends the following:

1. G. J Tortora and B.H. Derrickson, Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology: International Student Version (John Wiley & Sons, 2009) or E. N. Marieb,Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology (Pearson, 2008)
  2. B. Alberts, D. Bray, K. Hopkin & A. Johnson, Essential Cell Biology (Garland, 2009)
  3. S. Nuland, How we live (Vintage, 1998)
  4. S. Nuland, How we die: Reflections on Life's Final Chapter (Vintage, 1995)
  5. S. Mukherjee, The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer (Schribner, 2011)
  6. A. Gawande, The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right (Profile Books, 2010)

http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/offerholders/reading-lists/medicine.html

At the very least, I would add:

1. Martini's Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology

2. Dale's Pharmacology

3. Robbins Basic Pathology

4. Burkitt's Essential Surgery

5. Churchill's Differential Diagnosis

6. Wheater's Functional Histology

7. Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine

All the best,

Tri