I went and donated plasma

Genecks

I'm in the U.S.A..

Well, I had been up over 24 hours, but I did it. I'm trying to get back into my competitive groove and do things. It also gives a little bit of cash.

It's somewhat painful, but it's not agonizing, bloody murder painful. It's more like some prick (asshole/jerk) with a short fingernail keeps pressing his finger and fingernail into the underneath of your arm for a good hour or two, as that pain transforms into a numbing pain that is annoying but tolerable. It took about 4 to 4.5 hours. Not bad for some extra cash. It's too bad these plasma centers are not more abundant in U.S. cities.

What interested me, however, was that the plasma was going to Research Triangle Park. I guess that place does have a fair amount of biotech jobs. Also, the scenery of the bedding area reminded me of The Matrix. A little eery, but at least people are conscious and willing.

I found it a little hard to focus and read while that 1.5 hours passed on the bed, as my plasma was being filtered out. There is that alternation between making a fist and relaxing. Otherwise, it's a decent way to study and make some cash on the side.

Anyone else ever do this stuff?

Edited by Genecks