CO2 Lowest in US since 1994

EdEarl

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Carbon dioxide emissions from energy production in the United States fell to 5.29 billion metric tons in 2012 - its lowest level since 1994 - despite a growing economy and rising population, according to government data released on Monday.

The Energy Information Administration, the statistics arm of the Department of Energy, said there was a 3.8 percent drop from the previous year.

It seems to be a step in the right direction for CO2 production and the economy. Unfortunately the reason for reduced CO2 is less heating required due to a warm winter.

Also economic recession leads to significantly less energy use, plus the oil shale boom is cleaner relative to the coal. The trend likely won't last based on what I've been reading, though.

Or all of the reasons we have been presenting are inaccurate and a proper study needs to be done.

It seems to be a step in the right direction for CO2 production and the economy. Unfortunately the reason for reduced CO2 is less heating required due to a warm winter.

despite a growing economy and rising population, according to government data released on Monday.

This just brings up my point. Apparently there is a decrease in "global warming" when human populations increase. However, I wouldn't assume that it is due to humans being more careful with their carbon emissions.

This just brings up my point. Apparently there is a decrease in "global warming" when human populations increase. However, I wouldn't assume that it is due to humans being more careful with their carbon emissions.

Citation needed.

Or all of the reasons we have been presenting are inaccurate...

Quite unlikely given the metric assload of evidence we already have available to us and the enormous consensus among the thousands of experts across research domains on this topic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.