Cactus photos

Moontanman

I was thinking the same thing as Charon - but still nice to see those shots of summer. Even after all these years, when the nights start to really close in and it is cold and dark by four o'clock in the afternoon it is nice to see some lovely reminders of how bright and cheerful it will be next year.

Do you still have the unseasonably cold weather and snow - or is it back to normal? London is its dreary grey self at present

I was thinking the same thing as Charon - but still nice to see those shots of summer. Even after all these years, when the nights start to really close in and it is cold and dark by four o'clock in the afternoon it is nice to see some lovely reminders of how bright and cheerful it will be next year.

Do you still have the unseasonably cold weather and snow - or is it back to normal? London is its dreary grey self at present

The weather here is pretty much normal if there is such a thing for this area, one of the old sayings about "don't like the weather, wait ten minutes" pretty much applies, at least in the summer but winters swing back and forth between warm and sunny and cool and sunny most of the time. Some years we barely get frost other years we get several hard freezes and very occasionally we get snow. Over the 40 years I've lived here I've seen blizzards accompanied by thunder and lighting and 80 degrees at christmas. Living so near the gulf stream just makes it crazy but the summers are very hot, muggy, with intense tropical rains and the cacti love that if they get direct sun all day and grow in well drained soil and clay pots...