A discussion on "Her"

Popcorn Sutton

"Her" is a movie that I had never even heard about until yesterday. My friends highly suggested that I watch the movie after finding out about the new job I got, so I watched the movie and it quickly dawned on me that that is exactly what I love about my expertise. I have hopes that our technology will reach that point within our lifetime, and I'm glad to say that I will be a part of the process.

Anyways, given a scenario in the movie, try to put yourself in the protagonists shoes.

The man is miserable, he's a social outcast, he has two friends but only one real friend. His job is to write letters for a living.

To make a long story short, the man meets a woman and falls in love with her, but after a year or so of being in a relationship with her, he finds out that she is also talking to 8,400 other guys and is also in love with 749 of them.

The girl is an operating system.

Would that change how you feel about her? For me, I don't think it would change how I feel.