Life on Titan...

Moontanman

I thought there was another thread that mentioned life in our solar system and life on Titan specifically but I couldn't find it but I did find this great talk by Dr. Chris McKay (NASA Ames Research Center) about life on Titan told as a mystery, it's long but well worth the watch if you have the time...

I was truly engrossed in the video, Dr. McKay was extremely interesting to listen to and his lecture was easy to understand. It made me think of the titan equivalent of Earth's black smokers in our oceans except with water magma and super heated methane leaching various chemicals from the magma and hot rock (liquid and hot frozen water) as water does on earth in hot SiO2 magma. I see no reason why the H2O magma wouldn't be as impure as SiO2 magma on earth and the liquid methane could leach various chemicals out of the water magma, ammonia, possibly various chlorides, and even light metals like sodium, potassium, lithium ect.

His ideas are exciting and raise many questions that needs to be answered...

Edited by Moontanman