Time Travel to the Past Requires Collapse of Time and Space

Genecks

So, I've been learning about different dimensions as of late. And I've read views and theories on time travel. From what I've read, it appears more practical to be in this dimension and attempt to travel into the future rather than the past. The reason the past is impractical or impossible in this dimension, if I've read correctly, is because of the energy requirements to reverse entropy. However, my current view eliminates that necessity and avoids the grandfather paradox. However, the time traveler becomes stuck in time. Time for the time traveller can either be erased or re-written per the time traveller. Furthermore, this makes for an interesting universe we currently live in, too.

My view is that a time traveler jumps out of the 4th dimension, into the 5th dimension (or some dimension whereby all aspects of the 4th dimension are observable), collapses all spacetime frames to a previous point in time, thus conserving mass and energy while going back in time to a particular point in time. To imagine this, think of a deck of cards. The cards are facedown. I take a card off the top of the deck, and I lay it down: That's the beginning of spacetime. And I take more cards off of the deck, one-by-one, until there are about 20 cards on the table: Each card is adjacent to the next card. However, if I want to time travel (and I'm in the 20th card, which is my spacetime) to the 10th card, then I need to jump out of the 20th card, have all the cards going back to card 10 put back into the deck (perhaps in order), and then jump into card 10. That way, the deck conserves the mass and energy from the other spacetime frames. The issue, however, is determining how I'm going to jump out of the card, how I get the energy to do that, and so on. It does avoid the grandfather paradox, however.

Say my grandfather is in the 10th card and has not met my grandmother, which gave birth to my mother, which gave birth to me. Let's hypothesize that I'm an unusual fellow and I go about killing my grandfather to test the grandfather paradox. I still exist, anyway. The reason for this is because I separated myself from the 20th card. So, I'm stuck in the past with my physical form: I don't get to change my own personal history: And if I attempted to, I'd be getting older before I was ever born. Thus, once you exist, then you exist; and there is nothing you can do to the past during time travelling to stop you from existing. So, it's like Mary McFly coming back to his house and noticing his family appears more affluent. This does, however, leave a doppleganger possibility, thus giving rise to fear a doppleganger.

If this theory is correct, it may explain why we haven't seen any time travellers: Because time has not collapsed as of yet. If there was a time traveller, then the time traveller surely did not appear in my lifetime. Otherwise, if the time traveller had appeared in my lifetime, I wouldn't have noticed it. I think my collapse model prevents anyone from ever noticing, because a person's existence would collapse before ever noticing.

It makes for an interesting question, though. If there was a time traveller, when did the time traveller show up? What point would the collapse be noticeable? Perhaps during my lifetime at best, as a guess?

Edited by Genecks