Atmosphere of Titan

Dear All,

As I have mentioned on another post on a different forum, I am doing some research for a science-fiction book as part of the story, and I was wondering about some details of the moon Titan.

One chapter describes the crew landing on Titan and disembarking from a spacecraft onto the surface. My question is this:

What would they see across the surface?

I read somewhere that Titan has a denser atmosphere that Earth, and there is a layer of haze at some point. However, would this haze be seen as a sort of fog across the rock? Or would the low-level air be clear enough to see for a long distance?

Please provide any explanations you can; it would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Kirin Eldridge

Edited by Kirin Eldridge

Dear All,

As I have mentioned on another post on a different forum, I am doing some research for a science-fiction book as part of the story, and I was wondering about some details of the moon Titan.

One chapter describes the crew landing on Titan and disembarking from a spacecraft onto the surface. My question is this:

What would they see across the surface?

I read somewhere that Titan has a denser atmosphere that Earth, and there is a layer of haze at some point. However, would this haze be seen as a sort of fog across the rock? Or would the low-level air be clear enough to see for a long distance?

Please provide any explanations you can; it would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Kirin Eldridge

According to the Cassini/Huygens probe the cloud layer stopped at a reasonable altitude. Doesn't mean there couldn't be fog or mists...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huygens_(spacecraft)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Huygens_surface_color.jpg