Looking for a type of liquid crystal

jhguan1990

Hi all, I am looking for a type of liquid crystal with the following physical properties:

Clearing Point: 93°C
Delta N = 0.1521
Delta Epsilon = 10.6
These values were obtained from a type of liquid crystal from MERCK (ZLI-4151-000) but they no longer produce it. Has anyone here used this LC before? If so, does anyone know where else I can get it from? Thanks.

Does anyone know any companies that sells liquid crystals?

I would just do a quick google search, find a few companies that sell liquid crystals, and send them your specs. They would be able to tell you a lot faster if there is anything on the market that matches your requirements, since it's in their best interests to know.

You could also check with MERCK to see if they have a replacement on the market for the one they no longer make.

Edited by Greg H.

Thanks, Greg. Yeah, that's what I've done and MERCK just sent me an email showing me an alternative product which is fairly close to the one I had in mind. The problem is that MERCK LCs are generally quite expensive and I am hoping to get something a little cheaper. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.