Question about psuedoseizures

Guest Kandieekid

Guest Kandieekid

My sister recently has had an episode of psuedo seizures she had over 15 in 2 days and I was wondering if there was anything that me and my family can do to help her get better right now shes talking like shes a 3 year old and we are having a hard time seeing her like this if there is anything that we can do to help her get better can someone please help me

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kandieekid

I know its not a technical resource I was just curious to see if anyone on this site knows anyone with psuedo seizures and how that person got helped. I dont see why sayonara had to post a reply like that i didnt come in here trying to get an EXPLINATION of psuedo seizures i was just wondering if anyone would know how to help.

I'm not telling you where to get an "explination", you muppet, I'm telling you where to get help.

Seek proper medical attention - i.e. take her to a hospital. 15 siezures in 2 days is not normal for a 3 year old child, and anonymous internet characters are not the best people to ask for medical advice (and that's not even getting into the culpability issues).

My sister used to have psuedoseizures and after a while my parents finally took her to see a doctor. She ended up being diagonsed with a panic/anxiety disorder and was put on Fluoxetine (Prozac).

Pseudoseizures can be triggered by stress, anxiety, or pain, which then causes the person to hyperventilate. The rapid breathing can change their body chemistry and can cause a pins and needles feeling, stiffening, and trembling. When your sister starts to breath rapidly the best thing to do is calm her down and try to get her breathing back to normal. It's important that you also stay calm and try your best to distract your sister from what might happen. 15 seizures in two days is really dangerous, so make sure your sister gets proper medical attention if you havn't already.

• 4 years later...

I know how your sister feels. I have had psuedoseizures all my life. And I will have it all my life, but with my seizures the doctores and my family have figured out a way to stop the small ones, the big ones you just got to ride them out. Well what happens if I go into a spell (which is what my family and my doctors call them) it is made sure I am some where where I won't hurt my self. Like if I have a spell while visiting my aunt my family helps me go into her room and I stay there till I am done. And the most inportant part about it is I am left alone, with some thing that is eather visually relaxing or sound wise relaxing. That is very important. I don't know if your sister has gotten the help you were hoping for or not, but I truely hope so. can't say that this method would work for your sister cause I don't know how she got psuedoseizures, but I do know that what would do a big world of difference is if you try and love your sister no matter what. All that is wanted at times is to be loved and excepted, and not to be reminded that you've got a dissibility. I know there were times in my life that I would go into a spell ever 2 minutes. Or I have had spells last up to 2 and a half weeks, but a big thing that gets me through everyone of them is the love and support of my family.