Rate of time

With all the time travel threads that have been popping up lately, I was thinking about this...

Time moves at a constant rate, correct? if you were to travel through time at a greater rate, what would be the unit that describes that rate?

With all the time travel threads that have been popping up lately' date=' I was thinking about this...

Time moves at a constant rate, correct?[/quote']

Not correct. Time moves at a rate that is symmetrical to the rate of motion of space. If you consider relativity, such as the twin paradox, you will recognize this.

Ok...but even considering the twin paradox, the rate of time is moving at different rates.
Yes.

Time slows down as you approach c.
Although this statement is accurate, I think that it is perhaps slightly misleading. I prefer to say it this way:

Motion through time slows as motion through space increases.

So what is the rate of time?
I think that this is difficult to repsond to, becuase I am pretty sure that I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

rate is defined as "A quantity measured with respect to another measured quantity: a rate of speed of 60 miles an hour." - dictionary.com

Velocity is a rate becuase you are comparing distance to time.

is the speed of time slows down...what quantity are you comparing time to?

rate is defined as "A quantity measured with respect to another measured quantity: a rate of speed of 60 miles an hour." - dictionary.com

Velocity is a rate becuase you are comparing distance to time.

is the speed of time slows down...what quantity are you comparing time to?

OK, I understand now.

When you say 60 miles per hour, you are defining rate in terms of some unit of motion through space compared to some unit of motion through time. This is an inexact measurement of rate, but it suffices in a practical sense.

To measure time as I use it, rate has less meaning, because in order to measure rate in the way you use it requires inexactitude. The way that I use time here is such that the inexactitude is the important part. Therefore, I don't really know how to define a rate, not do I really understand what use an objective definition of rate might be for a subjective realtionship such as this.