A question about Dri-gas/gas line antifreeze

Guest HoganRadial

Guest HoganRadial

Hello all,

I had a question I was debating with someone over drigas .

If you have 20 gallons of gasoline, and due to sitting or the inside of the metal gas tank sweating , it has an additional gallon of water in it.

How much DriGas is required to "displace" that gallon of water, making it burnable/combustable, and thus not affecting ther engine?

He says its a one to one ratio. (It'll take an additional gallon of Drigas to fix the problem?

I'm saying less then a quart is needed.

Hello all' date='

I had a question I was debating with someone over drigas .

If you have 20 gallons of gasoline, and due to sitting or the inside of the metal gas tank sweating , it has an additional gallon of water in it.

How much DriGas is required to "displace" that gallon of water, making it burnable/combustable, and thus not affecting ther engine?

He says its a one to one ratio. (It'll take an additional gallon of Drigas to fix the problem?

I'm saying less then a quart is needed.[/quote']

As I understand dri gas, it operates on the principle that alcohol will freely mix with water and a 50:50 mixture of alcohol and water will burn. So, if you have a gallon of water that you want to absorb, it should take a gallon of alcohol to do it.