Sleep Walking and Talking

I've heard that people who sleepwalk or talk are more likely to do so in their teens. Is this true?

Or thirty years from now will my family still wake up to find me taking pictures down from the walls, plucking lemon leaves from the backyard, or yelling incoherantly at troublesome invisi-children?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this is true. Its because:

A. The part of your brain responsible for inhibiting your movement while your asleep isn't fully developed (I forgot where in your brain it was)

B. You have a lot more stress as a teen generally, leading to more lucid (real seeming, not to be confused with dreams your aware of.) dreams.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a funny but true incident of my sister sleep walking, this was a few years ago so she was in her early 40's at the time.

She had dreampt that she had galavanted around in her back garden dancing and enjoying the night so to speak, nothing wrong with those sort of dreams huh?

When she woke up she discovered bits of grass in her bed and on her feet, it would appear that she had mown the grass in her sleep!!.... trouble is my sister at the time NEVER wore any bed clothes!!! :eek: