what is the relationship between phosphate ions and mitosis?

Guest angel

Guest Bramblebush

Cambridge Uni have a useful site with info on mitotic index, its called SAPS search it on google. Has anyone else heard about using phosphate tablets to alter the concentration in the growing solution?

http://www-saps.plantsci.cam.ac.uk/worksheets/scotland/mitosis.htm

this has a good method for the squash preparation, about 2/3 the way down the page if anyone is unsure of how to do that bit

FFS mod admin someone check their IPs

In future, please use the "report post" feature.

Yes, there are several users in this thread with the same IP address.

No, they will not be treated like criminals just for that reason.

Yes, their spam will be removed just like everyone else's.

Guest Bramblebush

Yeah every AS Biology student in the country doing this OCR course has this same planning exercise to complete, thats why theres so many of us, and your forums come up near the top of the list when you google and questions on phosphate and mitosis.

Our teacher said a good thing to reference is safety precautions for the chemicals you are using, if you are stuck for things to reference

Oh an the skill P is page 27 in the teacher support:coursework guidance. we got a photocopied version of it given to us

I hope every1's nearly finished this planning exercise!

Just one more thing, the concentrations of phosphate ions in the nutrient solution, does 0 to 0.004 molars sound alright? (Its gotta be a reasonable value-not too small?).

Thanks Bramblebush I've got the 'skill p thing' now.

Cheers

It seems like every1 else has finished their work, and its just u and me.

So what concentrations have u used?

I included the chemicals at the beginning of the equipment list. Mines about 900 words long; I've just babuled on. For the risks just write about the harmful chemicals, like staining clothes and irritants etc.

lol i allways leave things 2 the las min. well for the concentration i sed i was using 0.05 grams per dm3 of phosphate then adding anouther 0.05 and so on. but i havnt actually done the experiament!!! im gettin nearly 800 words. go me!!

p.s iv fallen out wid bio.

p.p.s good luck 4 2moz yall!!

Hey everyone, so how did your exams go?

Mine was a disaster, but hey, I've done the planning exercise and handed that all in! Hopefully I'll do better on the the transprt paper next month. I better start revising for that now.

;)

Hey, i took that exam today - i hated the first part. Ended up making most of it up! The second half was much better. How was it for everyone else?