Make fire with other elements

Yvtq8k3n

Hello once again, i was thinking about magic(not thay i belive xd, but i gave me an nice ideia).

Imagine that we want water(we could easy remove it from the air).

Imagine we want eletricity, because this is already tecnologie it would have bateries to store eletricty so this isnt also a problem).

Imagine Wind, this gets a bit interesting, from what i saw if we manage to give energy to one part of the air, it would make an current.

Now the most interesting part, Fire.

We can use eletricy to start the Fire, but only that wouldnt work. So we need an fuel, that's were water enter, so could we use water as fuel? What is require for an substance to be fuel?

(because i dont want to put a external link i will say that i saw an news about water being used as fuel, however i'm not 100% sure if it was true).

Ps:dont try to imagine the engine behind this, what i want to know is if we can produce fire.

Edited by Yvtq8k3n

Make fire with which other elements? You don't explain this at all.

Burning water won't work, because it takes energy to break the hydrogen and oxygen apart, to have them recombine. You need to have an exothermic process, not a break-even one. The only possibility is if there was a compound other than water that could form which released more energy than it took to break the water up.

e.g. when you burn hydrogen, you have to break up the H2 and O2 to form H2O, but you have a net release of energy.

So we need an fuel, that's were water enter, so could we use water as fuel?

Water (and carbon dioxide) are the most typical products of fire..

You make them while burning f.e. hydrocarbon compounds.

f.e.

CH4 + 2 O2 -> CO2 + 2 H2O

(because i dont want to put a external link i will say that i saw an news about water being used as fuel, however i'm not 100% sure if it was true).

That's true.

But it's fuel for f.e. car engine.

Electricity (or other process) splits water molecule to gaseous Hydrogen and Oxygen,

then Hydrogen and Oxygen gases are exploding,

and piston is moved, spinning axis.

Edited by Sensei

Water (and carbon dioxide) are the most typical products of fire..

You make them while burning f.e. hydrocarbon compounds.

f.e.

CH4 + 2 O2 -> CO2 + 2 H2O

Unless you aren't burning hydrocarbons.

That's true.

But it's fuel for f.e. car engine.

Electricity (or other process) splits water molecule to gaseous Hydrogen and Oxygen,

then Hydrogen and Oxygen gases are exploding,

and piston is moved, spinning axis.

It's not fuel, though. "Fuel" implies a source of stored energy, and water is not that. You could move a piston just by making the water flash to steam, but that requires an external source of energy.

The "explosion" of H2 and O2 is not as violent as other materials. 2H2 + O2 —> 2H20 is a reduction of 3 moles of gas into 2 moles. The volume taken up by the products is smaller than the reactants, which tends not to be true for a lot of other combustion reactions.