Hey Everyone!1 I Need An Equation for Postwhores!

Guest Brinnie

i think were leaving out some important factors. i think we need to include a variable for certain tendancies that are common in postwhores. for example, the use of "liek" in place of "like". i think our equation needs to include some form of #of lieks/# of likes to get a more refined postwhore index.

and isnt pink text an automatic /10 to the whole equation?

im not sure that that would actually have any baring on the equaion as such but if you can prove a link between occourance of liek with post-whoryness, we could definately start to develop a heuristical post-whore analisis based upon the frequency of use of liek, so that we never have to count the number of words that a person has written again (that took ages). pink text could be factored into the heuristic.

im not sure that that would actually have any baring on the equaion as such[/i'] but if you can prove a link between occourance of liek with post-whoryness, we could definately start to develop a heuristical post-whore analisis based upon the frequency of use of liek, so that we never have to count the number of words that a person has written again (that took ages). pink text could be factored into the heuristic.

ctrl c, select word document, ctrl v. tools> word count.

i still think it should factor in somehow. maybe as a fraction subracted from the number of valid points, before its divided by the number of posts?

so like: (valid points-(lieks/likes))/total posts

the problem i see with that is in situations like hers we would get a negative infinity postwhore index, since i cant find a "like" anywhere.

nm. i found a couple. but it could still present a problem in certain cases.

problem is, if liek is correlated to post-whoreyness, then by factoring in both the number of valid points/number of posts (a measurement of postwhoryness) AND the occourance of liek (another measure of postwhoreyness), your measuring postwhoreyness twice, which would skew the results.

i like the idea of measuring 'liek' tho, its quick and easy. how many times has she used it?

three in her first post alone. i havent checked every post, but in this thread i think she has 3 occurances of "like" also. but that would only give us a postwhore index of 1, which is far different from our other number. although, with just measuring lieks/likes postwhoryness would be larger with a larger number not a smaller one. its a different system unless you tweek the equation.

it would be pretty interesting if we had a postwhore index under our post count, but it is irrelavant(mostly) and might not be doable in vb. i don't know much about computers, but maybe it could be set up in such a way that post count and actual number of posts are fed into the equation to produce the postwhore index for the info next to each post.

edit: you could use an equation for a pseudoscientist index as well. [math]\frac{y-m-c}{x}[/math] where y is number of posts in psuedoscience, m is number of posts in mock debate, c is posts trying to guide someone back to science or make fun of said person's thread, and x is the total number of posts.

it would be pretty interesting if we had a postwhore index under our post count, but it is irrelavant(mostly) and might not be doable in vb. i don't know much about computers, but maybe it could be set up in such a way that post count and actual number of posts are fed into the equation to produce the postwhore index for the info next to each post.

but then we are suggesting that all posts in the general discussion area are pointless and therefore add to the postwhore index. in order to calculate postwhoryness with our current system we need to count the number of valid points made. not easy to do with a program.

which is why i like your idea of 'liek' and pinkness. computers can measure them.

reguarding liek/like = 1 which is different from the original pwi: its a different system so its allowed to be. we could convert liek/like ratio into pwi after wev figured a few more out, so we know the relation.

i dunno. you could link it to some kind of 'auto-warn' system, which automatically issues a warning point and a 'do-not-postwhore' PM when someone acts too post-whorey, thus taking some pressure off of the mods, and also making it less personal so the whole issue can be delt with without feelings being hurt.

Guest Brinnie
i dunno. you could link it to some kind of 'auto-warn' system, which automatically issues a warning point and a 'do-not-postwhore' PM when someone acts too post-whorey, thus taking some pressure off of the mods, and also making it less personal so the whole issue can be delt with without feelings being hurt.

yea... feelings... :rolleyes:

[math]F_{whore}=G\frac{p_1p_2}{p_i^2}[/math]

Where F represents your post-whorism, [math]P_1[/math] represents the average helpfulness of your post, [math]P_2[/math] is the amount of facts in your post. [math]P_i[/math] is the total amount of posts you have spammed. G is the constant, which is at 31.415926...etc.

[math]F_{whore}=G\frac{p_1p_2}{p_i^2}[/math]

Where F represents your post-whorism' date=' [math']P_1[/math] represents the average helpfulness of your post, [math]P_2[/math] is the amount of facts in your post. [math]P_i[/math] is the total amount of posts you have spammed. G is the constant, which is at 31.415926...etc.

got me laughing... bravo.