Is nationalism propoganda?

computerages

hey everyone!

My question is that nationalism propoganda?

To me, nationalism is totally a form of propoganda... when ever you pledge to a flag or do whatever that is realted to nationalism includes a type of song, a poem or whatever...

and these all things are examples of propoganda....

so, isn't nationalism propoganda???

Yes.

And keep in mind, not all forms of propaganda are necessarily bad in the Naziesque, 1984ish kind of way.

With exception to some of the anti-communist nationalism of the McCarthy era, 99% of all the nationalist propaganda you'll ever come across is going to be fairly safe - we've been able to get along just fine for years enduring the mindless repitition of "support our troops", "God Bless America", saying the pledge, and Bill O'Reilly's anti-France nonsense.

It really depends on your definition of nationalism. Nationalism is (n.) "Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation". Propaganda is "Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause (n.). "

So, no they are not the same. Propaganda's intent is to spark nationalism, so the two are related. And Nationalism may influence people to spread propaganda.

I think pretty much all nationalism is propaganda' date=' but not all propaganda is nationalism.

[/quote']

No.

Nationalism is a body of political beliefs, it is not propaganda.

There is some nationalist propaganda, just as their is liberal propaganda and communist propaganda and religious propaganda. But nationalist itself is not propaganda.