Looking for a Socology Paper or something similar

Guest avalean

Guest avalean

Hi, new here and im looking for information.

A while back i learned about a certain social experiment about adding something new to an excisting enviroment and how people will automatically split into groups without thinking about it on their status of that certain object.

One example of the experiment was that if you take an object widely used in one area but is only sold far from that area and buy a stack of that object and sell it in the place its used it for a higher price because of convenience.

That people would split into groups of people who hate it and say "i can just go to that place and buy it cheaper" others welcome it and another group stay neutral but enjoy the fights between the 1st two groups but still buy the services.

I think there was a theory paper about this when fast food chains were invented.

If anyone has a link to something similar i would love you for it since im very interested in this subject and cant find anything by searching google.

Explain your point more clearly. I have tried to read through your post twice already but I still can't glean much out of it. BTW, just go to http://www.google.ca and type in: Sociology Experiments.

I am sure a lot would come up. Another good resource would be Wikipedia. Also, see if your local library has any books on the topic.