Big Bang Theory

Guest Dak Giles

Guest Dak Giles

Is it possible that the universe is not constantly expanding - maybe it expands and contracts? The reason I question the expansion theory is that if you place the big bang on a timeline, how can you determine how large the universe was before the big bang? If it is constantly expanding, then I think the universe must have infintismaly small to begin with.

If it is constantly expanding, then I think the universe must have infintismaly small to begin with.

Pretty much.

The rate at which the universe expands is increasing from the push of dark energy. Some other force would have to begin to work against that before the universe could contract.

Pretty much.

The rate at which the universe expands is increasing from the push of dark energy. Some other force would have to begin to work against that before the universe could contract.

Yeah, isn't there a modified big bang theory that says the same thing. The universe expands for a time, than it contracts into the ball of matter again and then again it explodes and expands....