how to make venus flytraps smarter?

Fullmetal

If i were to go into genetic engineering it would be for about two reasons:

Creating superhuman freaks..

or...

making really k3wl venus flytraps.

Has anyone read up on material about genetic engineering with this intelligent plants that are super scary because they have a soul..

These plants seriously wig me out though.. I mean.. think about it.. it has intelligence... it's just like you and me and yet i eat it... it's smarter than me because i can't catch flies.. i'm not that good at it... yet i eat plants.. i hope tomatoes aren't angry at me.. :-(

I don't know, sensitive tactile receptors that respnd to shifts in air current? It seems to me that would good for catching flies. But sensory developement or response to movement is not an indicator of intelligence. It's a simple reflex, which the plant doens't control consciously.

Yeah, I'll confirm that they have these hair that you have to touch.

Hmmm super human freeks, You'd need alot of money to do that without anyone finding out.

Also first you should work on making something with a brain smarter.

Hamsters are nothin' but fat, slow-moving squirrels with less advanced climbing ability. Plus, squirrels come in a much greater variety, making them well suited to a number of world-domination related tasks. Remember, this inlcudes groundsquirrels and marmots.

Could make a sciborg venus flytrap and put an AI in it.
:eek:

Ahem, holoperidol must be taken at the set times and amounts.

It's very impotant to stay on your schedule. ;)

Either that or you've been infront of a computer monitor for more

than the recomended exposure limits by a considerable margin

and need an urgent transfusion of reality. :P:D

Cheers.

last i heard is that jellyfish are just colonies, not actually single organisms. is this what your talking about?
Siphonophores are a particular group of jellies where a single "animal" is actually madeup of a number of polyps, some serving different functions. The Portugese Man of War is an Example.

Basic jellyfish are indiviudal, complete organisms

Siphonophores are a particular group of jellies where a single "animal" is actually madeup of a number of polyps' date=' some serving different functions. The Portugese Man of War is an Example.

Basic jellyfish are indiviudal, complete organisms[/quote']

you know too much.

im sure big brother will deal with you before you do too much damage...

hold it do octuposes even have central nervous systems?

Yes, with a highly advanced brain, as Azure pointed out.

jellyfish might be what im thinking bout.

Probably, they don't have a CNS, just a nerve-net.

last i heard is that jellyfish are just colonies, not actually single organisms.

Yes and no.

See, there's Scyphozoans, which are a single organism (ex: moon jellies), and colonial Hydrozoans, which are, well, colonies (ex: portugese man of war). Both are commonly called "jellyfish", but are actually quite evolutionarily distinct lines.

You can tell them apart a few ways (without a microscope): 1) True jellyfish (Scyphozoa) are *always* radially symetric, usually bi-radial (so they're composed of 4 identical sections) 2) True jellies have 4 oral arms around the mouth, and numerous small tentacles around the perimeter. 3) True jellies have more complex sensory structures, called rhopallia, located on the perimeter at the planes of symetry, which can include image-forming eyes as well as statocysts (which are the sole sensory mechanism of colonial hydrozoans, aside from touch) and 4) Colonial hydrozoans have a "vellum", a flexible sheath of tissue around the edge of the organism, which can be seen fluctuating in and out as the animal moves.

Mokele