how to write John in Japanese

qwerty

hey fellas how do you write "John" in japanese symbols...

my friend showed me it looked like 3 symbols but im just gonna double check with whoever can help me. Thanks in advance

big squiggly L with a quote-mark at the top, little swirly thingy, another big squiggly thing (kinda like an h, with the arc flattened). or something.

It would be the symbol for 'sho' with an accent marker to turn it into 'Jo',

and then the japanese symbol for 'n'.

Which would make it JoN. 2 syllables.

Also since it's a name it would be in Katakana, not Hiragana I suspect.

Cheers.

Yep, it'll be katakana.

First, take the katakana for "shi" and put a double-quote mark on it to make it "ji". Then, add a "yo", half sized and close to the "ji" (like a subscript of sorts, but not quite). These two, combined, make "Jyo". Then add the character for "n" and you have the closest you can get to "John" in japanese.

Small additional: never add -san as a suffix to your own name. You are always just "Jyon" when you speak, but "Jyon-san" when others speak to or about you.

Mokele

i think that when you add 'yu', 'yo' or 'ya' to a 'shi' or a 'ji', you drop the 'y'. so its 'kyo', 'nya', 'myu' etc, but 'sha', 'sho', 'ju', 'jo' etc as opposed to 'jyo' or 'jyu' (but its been a while since ive done japanese)